At Nouryon, our global team of Changemakers takes positive action every day, to reach higher collectively and individually. We create innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers to answer society’s needs – today and in the future.
We are looking for team members who bring ideas forward, champion others and work together to do better. Does that sound like you?
About the job
The Environmental Engineer will assure site compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal environmental regulations. This role establishes programs to meet current and future compliance requirements. The Environmental Engineer will maintain and carry out duties associated with ISO, Responsible Care© 14001 and Nouryon requirements. The incumbent will also consult with plant operations and maintenance personnel to maintain compliance with environmental regulations. The Environmental Engineer will also manage permit applications and permit maintenance.
In your future role as Environmental Engineer you will:
- Participate in driving strategic direction for the site for environmental and sustainability matters.
- Manage the site’s environmental air & water programs, including NSR and Title V permitting and compliance reporting/certification.
- Support continuous improvement of the site’s Environmental Management System including developing compliance demonstrations; identifying potential regulatory non-compliances and facilitate corrective actions; prepare, review, and update environmental related procedures and plans; conduct periodic environmental audits / evaluations.
- Assure wastewater regulatory compliance requirements including the preparation of the appropriate wastewater discharge permit applications and reports.
- Manage the collection, labeling, storing, and disposal of all hazardous and non-hazardous solid waste streams.
- Manage the day-to-day operation/compliance of the wastewater and discharge facilities along with SPCC plans and coordinates the resolution of non-compliant operations.
- Advise and consult with site personnel on the appropriate handling of environmental issues. Ensure all site MOC approvals to meet Environmental Compliance requirements and changes are approved.
- Coordinate all state, federal, and local release notifications and will act as the primary point of contact for Environmental regulatory agencies during site inspections and audits.
- Manage submittal of various company and regulatory reports including Emissions Inventories, Toxic Release Inventories, Annual Waste Summaries, Tier II submittals, discharge reports, Sustainability reports, and others.
- Manage the existing fugitive monitoring program including the coordination of routine monitoring and any follow-up repairs. Organize and maintain all associated fugitive monitoring records.
- Be familiar with site wide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product, and record keeping procedures.
We believe you bring
- B.S. Environmental-related, or related Engineering/Sciences, or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 3+ years industrial plant environmental compliance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US and state environmental laws and regulations.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interact with employees at all levels of the organization (operators to senior managers) as well as maintain relationships with external government agencies.
Good to know
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the HSES Manager at the Morris, IL site.
Please apply via our online recruitment system. We will not accept applications via e-mail. Once it's with us we will review to see if we have a match between your skills and the role! For more information about our hiring process, visit: nouryon.com/careers/how-we-hire/
We look forward to receiving your application!
We kindly ask our internal candidates to apply with your Nouryon email via Success Factors.
If you’re looking for your next career move, apply today and join Nouryon’s worldwide team of Changemakers in providing essential solutions that our customers use to manufacture everyday products such as personal care, cleaning, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Our employees are driven by the wish to make an impact and actively drive positive change. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or staffing companies.