Senior Process Engineer
At Nouryon, our global team of Changemakers takes positive action every day, to reach higher collectively and individually. We create innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers to answer society’s needs – today and in the future.
Coordinate and see to the completion of major process improvement and capital projects within the site units, from process analysis, project conception and development through project management and start up. This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Production Manager at the Pasadena site.
The Pasadena site manufactures organic peroxides which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxide products are hazardous, mainly due to temperature-controlled transportation and handling. The Pasadena site also manufactures thermoset and crosslinking peroxides. This team works a 9-80 schedule.
About the Job
- Manage all aspects of major project work develop and maintain software and hardware documentation.
- Participate in process design and start up activities as required.
- As a key project team member participates with production and maintenance departments in project or work package design, planning, organizing and supervision during shutdowns.
- Assists in preparing site emergency and construction standards along with project procedures.
- Maintains and develops a professional competency consistent with industry and Nouryon standards.
- Assists in training other employees, engineers, operators, etc. in equipment and/or process changes.
- Performs special process or maintenance studies as requested.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by manager.
- Support and participate in on-going HSSE improvement activities and committees.
- Understand and help implement the site’s Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, If deemed necessary, will be trained and designated as Hazard Study Leader.
We believe you bring
- Bachelors. Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 5-8 years relevant experience plant environment