The I&E Technician will help maintain the operation of the plant and make repairs needed to keep the plant running in a safe and efficient manner.
At Nouryon, our global team of Changemakers takes positive action every day, to reach higher collectively and individually. We create innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers to answer society’s needs – today and in the future.
We are looking for team members who bring ideas forward, champion others and work together to do better. Does that sound like you?
In your future role as I&E Technician you will
- Responsible for ensuring safety, environmental and housekeeping standards are met
- Responsible for compliance with all operating procedures, safety policies and procedures, environmental policies and procedures, quality policies and procedures, and site policies and procedures.
- Correct and report all unsafe acts and conditions to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Accurately document and file documentation of instruments and of the PM’s performed.
- Able to read and understand process documentation (e.g. loop sheets, P&IDs, etc.)
- Have the basic understanding of the function of rotating equipment such as pumps, motors, blowers, etc.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair electrical and process control systems such as motor control circuits, substation breaker control circuits, power distribution circuits, and instrument and control devices
- Able to install conduit, conductor and connect equipment with average supervision
- Able to identify and repair simple electrical faults (Blown Fuses, Burned out Leads)
- Ability to work on and troubleshoot 24VDC instrumentation systems in the field
- Familiar with AC and DC circuits and their differences and uses within the plant
- Able to troubleshoot, repair and replace automatic control equipment and indicating equipment such as control valves, dp cells, mag meters, etc.
- Ensure that cleanliness of plant is well maintained.
- Able to read and understand common indicators such as pressure gauges, flow meters, temperature gauges, volt/amp meters, etc.
- Know the location of main motor and equipment control centers and tag-out/lockout procedures
- Able to operate common shop tools such as drills, saws, grinders, and small hand tools.
- Ability to work on Electrical Power Systems - 600VAC and below
- Ability to perform work on Control voltage, high voltage, and low voltage (15kV and below)
- Troubleshoot, install, repair, and make connection of electrical equipment such as rectifier, transformers, substation equipment, high and low voltage switchgear, UPS system and variable speed drives.
- Trouble shoot, calibrate, repair, connect, and install process controls such as instrument loops, rectifier load controls, boiler controls, and chiller controls/refrigeration systems.
- Perform routine and minor troubleshooting of power management systems, this includes the substation filters
- Be proficient in use of all electrical PM equipment. This includes tools for measuring vibration, calibrating pH probes, conductivity calibrations, laser alignment, etc.
- Safely operate transportation machinery relevant to job assignment such as forklift, rail mover (locomotive), etc.
We believe you bring
- 2 year degree in industrial electrical / electronic / instrumentation preferred
- Electrical License preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience maintaining industrial electrical components and electronic control devices
- Troubleshooting and maintaining industrial electrical and instrument equipment, control loops, PLC’s, AC drives and Digital Control Systems.
Great if you have
- Work Experience at a chemical plant preferred.
- Experience with computerized maintenance systems, specifically SAP
Please apply via our online recruitment system. We will not accept applications via e-mail. Once it's with us we will review to see if we have a match between your skills and the role! For more information about our hiring process, visit: nouryon.com/careers/how-we-hire/
We look forward to receiving your application!
We kindly ask our internal candidates to apply with your Nouryon email via Success Factors.
We’re looking for tomorrow’s Changemakers, today.
If you’re looking for your next career move, apply today and join Nouryon’s worldwide team of Changemakers in providing essential solutions that our customers use to manufacture everyday products such as personal care, cleaning, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Our employees are driven by the wish to make an impact and actively drive positive change. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
Visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or staffing companies.