Operator Trainee is an operator who is self-directed and willing to learn and operate all expanders and packaging machines in the plant. They have the ability to also perform several of the secondary job functions (i.e. lab testing).
At Nouryon, our global team of Changemakers takes positive action every day, to reach higher collectively and individually. We create innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers to answer society’s needs – today and in the future.
We are looking for team members who bring ideas forward, champion others and work together to do better. Does that sound like you?
In your future role as Production Operator you will
- Learn and operate all expanders and packaging machines in the plant.
- Understand plant layout, main processes, product names, administrative processes, product specifications, and customer needs.
- Perform quality control including performing lab tests, documenting accurate results and generating lots.
- Be capable of logging production and quality data into the computer system.
- Make process decisions and execute changes based on process data, quality checks and test results to keep products at target and within manufacturing specification to meet customer needs.
- Adjust production schedules to ensure customer needs are met.
- Troubleshoot equipment and processes and then take appropriate actions.
- Use Basic Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system functions (SAP) such as purchase requisition generation, work order completions, receiving of goods, shipment confirmations and other functions as needed.
- Have licensed forklift operation and ability to use pallet jacks.
- Perform basic maintenance, general preventive maintenance and housekeeping.
- Receive and unload all raw materials.
- Independently package and load all finished products.
- Assist in developing operating procedures.
- Be capable of completing time sheets, utilizing the Performance & Development Dialogue (P&DD) system and willing to embrace any other system that is deployed to the plant site.
We believe you bring
- H.S Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 0-3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft applications (i.e. Outlook, Excel, SharePoint)
- Basic mathematical skills including the ability to interpret tanker calibration charts, convert of weight measurements, calculate product formulations, adjust product percent solids, etc.
- Basic literacy skills including the ability to read and comprehend instructions required to perform job function, to maintain batch sheets, logbooks and other job function forms and reports, to understand and express information and ideas verbally.
- Be a reliable and committed employee with a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License.
- Be willing to develop and support company policies, procedures and initiatives
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be able to use a full mask respirator, half-face respirator, as well as a N95 mask.
Great if you have
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations - particularly Process Safety Management (highly desired)
- Acted as PSM Champion for Contractor Management, Mechanical Integrity, Hot Work, Safe Work Practices, and Non-routine Work Authorizations, Maintenance and Inspection Plan and Procedures (highly desired)
- Experience in Reliability Maintenance planning and analysis (highly desired)
- Experience in creating maintenance operational procedures
- Experience in computerized maintenance planning (experience installing/developing/initiating a CMP process)
- SAP experience
- Organic Peroxide experience
- Experience in predictive maintenance (experience installing/developing/initiating a predictive process)
Good to know
The plant runs on a 24/7 basis with 12-hour shifts, rotating days & nights. Day shift will run from 5 AM – 5 PM, while night shift will run from 5 PM – 5 AM. Starting pay for this role is $28.08/hr,
Please apply via our online recruitment system. We will not accept applications via e-mail. Once it's with us we will review to see if we have a match between your skills and the role! For more information about our hiring process, visit: nouryon.com/careers/how-we-hire/
We look forward to receiving your application!
We kindly ask our internal candidates to apply with your Nouryon email via Success Factors.
We’re looking for tomorrow’s Changemakers, today.
If you’re looking for your next career move, apply today and join Nouryon’s worldwide team of Changemakers in providing essential solutions that our customers use to manufacture everyday products such as personal care, cleaning, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Our employees are driven by the wish to make an impact and actively drive positive change. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
Visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or staffing companies. #LI-DNI