Director, Trade Operations and Logistics
The Director, Trade Operations and Logistics serves as Nouryon’s subject matter expert in regulatory requirements for trade and ensures compliance with international laws and regulations.
At Nouryon, our global team of Changemakers takes positive action every day, to reach higher collectively and individually. We create innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers to answer society’s needs – today and in the future.
In your future role as Director, Trade Operations and Logistics you will
- Lead Nouryon’s Trade Operations team in developing, deploying, and maintaining global trade operation program to ensure compliance with international trade laws.
- Extensive knowledge of global import and export regulations, classification using Harmonized Tariff Schedules.
- Lead the global logistics operating regions through a strategic transformation program in alignment with the direction set by the Vice President of Global Logistics.
- Lead the execution of international trade compliance programs, processes, and associated continuous improvement activities.
- Lead duty, VAT, and other recovery and avoidance programs.
- Lead the adjustments to organizational design and capabilities based on business service needs, corporate ESG responsibilities and/or productivity improvement opportunities.
- Establish operational goals and timelines and drive teams to deliver according to safety/compliance, service, growth, and productivity goals.
- Work with business leadership, legal, trade compliance, logistics, and accounting to develop and deploy compliant and cost-effective trade strategies.
- Lead and model Nouryon Values.
We believe you bring
- 10+ years global trade experience to include 5+ years in a senor leadership role, or equivalent skill
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of global trade laws and regulations to include: laws and regulations administered by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), understanding of Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) categories, Export License conditions/processes and Dual Use Commodities.
- Skilled at defining and executing a global trade compliance strategy within a large, multinational organization.
- Exceptional ability to influence others, act decisively and with a sense of urgency; must be able to effectively drive internal and stakeholder decision-making in relation to regulations, actions and investments.
- Possess a strategic and transformational mindset; must be forward-thinking with the ability to inspire innovation and embrace change.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic, tactical and operational goals.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to communicate with various levels and functions across the corporation, and with leadership of strategic suppliers.
- Ability to make effective decisions based on data available while setting a clear path forward.
- Experience with oversight of multiple key tactical and strategic initiatives in parallel and/or involvement in a large transformation project.
- A strong balance of strategic thinking and tactical operations management skills
- Management level knowledge of systems specific to logistics (SAP, TMS, WMS, visibility platforms, global trade systems) and to general business management (MS Excel, Word).
- Position may require up to 25% global travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Operations Research, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, or related field from 4-year accredited college or university.
- Licensed Customs Broker – Desirable requirement
We’re looking for tomorrow’s Changemakers, today.
If you’re looking for your next career move, apply today and join Nouryon’s worldwide team of Changemakers in providing essential solutions that our customers use to manufacture everyday products such as personal care, cleaning, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Our employees are driven by the wish to make an impact and actively drive positive change. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
Visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or staffing companies.