Op Ex Manager
The OpEx Manager leads the deployment and execution of the Operational Excellence activities within ISC with focus on our manufacturing sites. This position supports and coaches site teams and eventually other functional teams in improving their performance.
At Nouryon, our global team of Changemakers takes positive action every day, to reach higher collectively and individually. We create innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers to answer society’s needs – today and in the future.
We are looking for team members who bring ideas forward, champion others and work together to do better. Does that sound like you?
In your future role as Op Ex Manager you will
- Deploy, drive, lead, and deliver the operational excellence programs and initiatives within ISC, occasionally could also be CI initiatives in BU’s or other functions.
- Identify improvement opportunities and facilitates and runs execution of improvement within sites and functions.
- Serve, along with fellow OpEx Managers, as the technical expert on the use and training of Lean Six Sigma (L6S) and on the use of the Nouryon ISC processes, tools, and systems.
- Act as a leader for the Lean Six Sigma practitioners in the region. Provides on-going coaching, support, and development to L6S practitioners.
- Offer a clear sense of direction, motivating and empowering site teams, functional teams to enable them to carry out their performance delivery responsibilities with confidence.
- Build teamwork through engagement. Aligns team members by sharing information, tying their work and goals to the ISC and Company vision and values.
- Deliver trainings on tools and methods as needed, throughout the organization.
- Develop tools and models that will enable ISC organization to learn and continuously improve knowledge, engagement and use of operational excellence and Lean Six Sigma in daily activities.
- Assist in the development and deployment of the operational excellence program and initiatives at the manufacturing sites and helps provide visibility of the program across the organization
- Be responsible for driving delivery and completion of improvement projects
- Support execution of the ISC and Regional Asset Strategy
We believe you bring
- Bachelor’s degree minimum. Master’s degree preferred
- Degrees related to chemical engineering, technical, supply chain, mechanical engineering or related fields are most appropriate.
- Experience in a Chemical Plant or with chemical process.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification - Black Belt preferred, but will consider Green Belt. Also, must have applied the concept in a project.
- Extensive knowledge and expert use in Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
- Project management
- Demonstrated high performance levels and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Great if you have
- Manufacturing experience.
- Experience in training and coaching; able to impart knowledge to others
- Team leadership skills and the capability to work effectively in cross functional teams
- Passion for innovation, change and continuous improvement
- Proven ability to plan and prioritize work
- Skilled and experienced in managing change programs desired
Please apply via our online recruitment system. We will not accept applications via e-mail. Once it's with us we will review to see if we have a match between your skills and the role! For more information about our hiring process, visit: nouryon.com/careers/how-we-hire/
We look forward to receiving your application!
We kindly ask our internal candidates to apply with your Nouryon email via Success Factors.
We’re looking for tomorrow’s Changemakers, today.
If you’re looking for your next career move, apply today and join Nouryon’s worldwide team of Changemakers in providing essential solutions that our customers use to manufacture everyday products such as personal care, cleaning, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Our employees are driven by the wish to make an impact and actively drive positive change. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
Visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or staffing companies.