Nouryon is a company with a long heritage and extensive expertise in specialty chemicals. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items.
Nouryon Asset Management EMEIA
Asset Management EMEIA is Nouryon’s center of excellence in the field of project management and process engineering. We create business value for Nouryon by delivering investment projects and optimizing current operations.
For our office in Arnhem, The Netherlands, we are looking for an experienced Process Engineer Capex Projects & Conceptual Design.
In this position you will report to the Manager Process Engineering EMEIA.
What Responsibilities can you expect as Senior Process Engineer
We offer an interesting working environment with a group of highly skilled technical professionals. Our engineers are located in offices in the Netherlands and Sweden. At Asset Management you will get the opportunity to further developing your talents and skills and contributing to continuously improvements for our organization and services. You feel comfortable working with deadlines, and you are a good communicator, both within the team and to partners.
• Participate in projects, being able to act as lead engineer.
• Leading small projects.
• Based on customer demands defines scope of projects and manages uncertainties within the own discipline.
• Perform process design in projects including:
- Basis of design, flow sheeting, process flow diagram, material and heat balance
- Process calculations, sizing of equipment, piping and instrumentation
- Create and establish P&ID (Piping & Instrument Diagram)
- Preparation of functional descriptions of instrumentation and process control
• Be responsible for new process design, using new technology and RD&I information
• Perform technical evaluation of quotations and support sourcing on contract agreements
• Document the activities performed on processes and design work including documentation to customer
• Participate/lead as Process Engineer at commissioning and start-up of plants
• Carry out training of the customer's operations and maintenance staff
• Participate/lead as process responsible in safety analysis and other HSE activities
• Provide process engineering support at customer’s site / trouble shooting
• Apply to all local HSE&S rules on site and Nouryon guidelines
What will you bring?
• MSc Chemical Engineering or similar
• Extensive relevant experience or at least 5 years of experience with chemical plant design, start up and commissioning
• Experience with process engineering in R&D or manufacturing
• Excellent knowledge in process engineering and process design tools
• Knowledge in risk assessment
• Strong ability to cooperate, teamwork oriented
• Result oriented
• Very flexible, fast response to change in cultural environment
• Willingness to travel abroad
• Excellent knowledge in English written and spoken
What does Nouryon offer you?
The job is a permanent position on a full-time basis. The salary for this position is graded from €60000 to €90000. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm and to continue to grow to other positions. Our employment package comprises a competitive salary, 46 vacation days and an attractive bonus scheme.
Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.
How to apply and additional information
You can apply until August 15 and expect a reply on your application August 21 at the latest.In week 35 we will scedule the interviews for this position.
For information about the vacancy, please contact Guy Skantze via e-mail : email@example.com
For further information on the recruitment process, please contact Anne Marte van der Vossen, Recruiter tel: 06 31978686.
We look forward to your application! Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter with reference 1136
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.