Nouryon • Oulu, FI
Nouryon is an industry leader within specialty chemicals and we develop our products and processes with a sustainable future in mind. Nouryon is an industry leader within specialty chemicals and we develop our products and processes with a sustainable future in mind. We are always looking for a smarter, safer and more sustainable way to invent, produce and transport our products. To be number one, we need to stay sharp and continuously improve every part of our business. If you share our passion for excellence and wants to lead one of our most valued production units, this might be the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Production Engineer to Oulu site. Your job will include process risk management, training and advising in daily operations as well as in projects. You will be also work with maintenance and to develop Oulu site ISO certified management system. You will report to Production manager.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Responsibilities in the production and process engineering function of the plant.
• Responsible with production managers to develop operating instructions and improvements
• Participate in risk assessments and develop a basis for those and ensure that actions from risk analyzes are made on time as planned.
• Process optimization and lead towards more efficient utilization of resources
• Training of operators and some training for maintenance personnel
• Actively exercise leadership to increase safety at the factory and have constructive dialogue with employees to ensure that our safety routines are followed
• MSc in Process Engineering / Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience / competence in the field
• It is a merit if you worked in a similar role, preferably as a former production engineer and / or have previous experience in the process industry.
• You can manage to work in an environment with high security and delivery requirements
• Experience of Lean / Six Sigma or other production systems and projects
• Good English and Finnish, in speech and writing
To be successful in this role, you need to be driven by solving problems and seeking improvement and development, both on your own and with others. You have a good analytical ability and a proactive approach. You have a great focus on safety and the working environment.
Furthermore, we want you to be accurate, flexible and goal-focused and do not hesitate to make the contacts needed to drive assignments and projects forward. We work with high security thinking, you are an example in this and inspire colleagues. Since you will work both independently and in teams, collaboration ability is important and that you take the initiative for "Best practice" Of course you live up to and motivated by our values: lead the way, grow together and deliver our commitments.
We may fill the position through selection and interviews on an ongoing basis. We therefore welcome you to send your application as soon as possible.
For more information about the position, please contact Production Manager Merja Rautiainen, M +35 84 083 337 83, E Merja.Rautiainen@nouryon.com.
For information on the recruitment process, contact HR Business Partner, M: +46 72 249 79 83, E firstname.lastname@example.org.