Battleground primarily produces metal alkyls, sold primarily as co-catalysts to major thermoplastic resins and rubber manufacturers (producers of polyethylene, polypropylene, and EPDM). The product line is complex with over 30 metal alkyl products (plus formulations) produced at Battleground. Products are extremely hazardous (pyrophoric, meaning they ignite on contact with air) and are highly reactive with water. The site also manufactures High Purity Metal Organics (HPMO) for the semi-conductor and LED industries.
Maintenance Reliability Engineer
▪ Drive continuous improvement of reliability and continuous reduction of maintenance cost by systematic elimination of bad actors
▪ Ensure early identification and resolution of reliability issues through PM/PdM programs, analysis of historical trends and KPI data.
▪ Provide engineering and technical expertise in the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and inspection of plant equipment
▪ Perform monthly bad actor analysis; establish proposals for bad actors to be eliminated in month to come.
▪ Drive bad actor elimination by organizing and facilitating weekly RCPS workshops, updating asset strategies, and implementing technical improvements to equipment design and repair methods
▪ Review and analyze data from inspections for information on equipment reliability issues on request of maintenance engineers
▪ Provide troubleshooting support to operating units on equipment reliability including emergency work reviews
▪ Facilitate Root Cause Failure Analysis efforts for incidents triggered by documented procedures or at request of gate keeper or maintenance manager
▪ Facilitate disciplined and systematic equipment maintenance strategy development efforts; e.g by using criticality assessment and FMEA
▪ Actively participate in the capital projects process including providing reliability input to the Engineering Group for equipment design, specification and purchase
▪ Support Hazard Studies by providing reliability data of equipment and components
▪ Provide technical support and expert knowledge as required
▪ Actively support equipment improvement initiatives with technical knowledge
▪ Participate in and execute root cause problem solving; developing and implementing technical solutions
▪ Design and execute technical modifications
▪ Actively participate in the capital projects process including providing technical and maintainability input to the Engineering Group for equipment design, specification, purchase, and installation
▪ Actively participate in MOC processes
▪ Four-year engineering degree from an accredited university, with BSME preferred.
▪ Minimum five years of experience in Maintenance/Reliability Engineering in the chemical or refinery industry.
▪ Working knowledge of SAP Plant Maintenance Module.
▪ Project management experience with small replacement projects for reliability improvements a plus.
▪ Strong communication skills and problem-solving ability.
▪ Ability to work independently and as a team player.
▪ Knowledge of pumps, seals, gearboxes, agitators, and lubrication is necessary.