A new opportunity for a (Financial) Business Analyst who has demonstrated a high-performance level to support and challenge our business partners.
Business Analyst EMEA (Home & Personal Care)
Nouryon is a company with a long heritage and extensive expertise in specialty chemicals. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Home & Personal Care consists of essential ingredients such as amine surfactants, alkoxylates, solution and bio polymers, emulsion polymers, and chelating agents for cleaning, detergents, and personal care.
As Business Analyst EMEA you will be the Finance Business Partner for our Regional Sales team Home & Personal Care. In this position you will be analyzing the monthly results, be involved in the approval process for costs related to the commercial organization. Furthermore, you will monitor cost control, support the business on the commercial side whenever they need support in their negotiations, and forecast to help ensure that the volumes are monetized correctly.
The key objective within this role is the execution of business strategy and achievement of financial objectives by monitoring, conducting financial analysis and providing forward looking management information aimed at improvement of the operational, commercial and financial effectiveness of the assigned business operations.
As a Business Analyst you will have several challenges. Being able to establish the trusting relationship with the business partner is the key one. You must be able to keep the confidentiality level which the business partner is requiring and staying focused on what needs to be done and not deviating. Maintaining the focus, working independently and getting things done is essential within this role.
You will be reporting to the Business Line Financial Director and spend up to 10% of your time traveling globally.
What other responsibilities or tasks can you expect?
• Extracts financial data from various accounting and information systems and performs financial analyses of business figures maximizing the use of standard management reports and dashboards.
• Interprets financial data to determine past performance and/or to project the financial probability.
• Performs cost benefit analysis related to business projects and/or programs and assists in the development of business proposals.
• Participates in the development of various budgets.
• Provides information on and answers questions relating to budget procedures.
• Collects / compiles budget data, completes budget status reports and analyzes budget patterns as well as projects expenditures.
• Records, classifies and summarizes financial transactions / events in accordance with valid accounting principles.
This is (y)our offer!
If you share our values and ambitions, we offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. Our employment package is comprised of a competitive salary, 30 vacation days and an attractive bonus scheme. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. Through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become the first choice for our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.
A Business Analyst EMEA who is driving continuous improvement, that’s you!
You will be working through a lot of processes which requires a continuous improvement mindset. Having the can-do mentality, being open-minded in doing things differently and coming up with solutions is key. Furthermore, you can prioritize and collaborate with the team and the rest of the business. As you are challenging your business partners the business acumen is very important. To successfully execute the role, you further bring along:
- University degree in Finance.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar role in Finance;
- Experience with a Forecasting tool such as Arkieva is required,
- Experience with SAP, Power BI and Business Warehouse is preferred.
- Skills as critical thinking, driving continuous improvement and displaying technical expertise.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent business English is required. Knowledge of Dutch language is preferred.
More information or application?
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page.
Do you have any questions? Please feel free to reach out to Sabrien Abu El Hassan, Talent Resourcing Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org or via + 31 (0)6 50 07 16 46.
A pre-employment screening will form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.