At Nouryon’s Product Safety and Regulatory Affairs department, we have a vacancy for a Senior Regulatory Manager. In this challenging role you are the authority that has a deep understanding of global, regional and local regulatory requirements and pressures, and the driving forces behind them. You will mainly support our Polymer Catalysts business. The position requires a in depth knowledge in the regulatory field but also a high level of social skills to maintain the necessary network and contacts with a large number of internal and external collaboration-partners. You are actively involved in the developments of regulations that are of critical importance to the success of Nouryon’s businesses. The position is based in Deventer, the Netherlands.
• Ensure regional product compliance by providing regional and global regulatory expertise.
• Responsible for facilitating registration / notification processes on a regional level in a timely and cost-efficient way.
• Proactively monitor and interpret relevant regulatory developments/trends and communicate their implications and evaluate business impact for the region and globally.
• Represent Nouryon in industry associations and consortia’s technical committees
• Responsible for performing regulatory review on a regional level and providing regulatory documentation to support business needs.
• Prepare all necessary PSRA information/documentation as well as to maintain/archive product data, documents, decisions and assessments in accordance to legislation and other internal requirements.
• Acts as senior advisor in answering (complex) regulatory enquires from customers and other stakeholders.
• Provides strategic advice to Nouryon’s businesses.
• Leads complex projects within the PSRA area, like global launching of new product, REACH authorisation.
• Leads or participates in advocacy and lobbying activities with great authority in cooperation with Nouryon’s businesses.
• Develop a strong working relationship with global team members, driving success with personal development, and strong understanding of how to grow together.
To qualify for the role, you bring the following experience, knowledge and competencies along:
• MSc in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or similar and at least 10 years of relevant experience
• Broad and deep background in chemical regulations, global chemical regulation requirements and its influence on business, hazard communication and product stewardship
• Able to understand and interpret complex information and data and to communicate solutions to business
• Good skills in Microsoft Office Applications and in SAP/EHS.
• Ability to build up a network being service oriented, organized, flexible and reliable
• Excellent communication skills and networking skills.
• Ability to build up and develop a network with other functions and external bodies.
• Being an authority within on area of expertise
• Acts pro-actively with integrity
• Experience in working in a complex global environment
• Excellent project management skills
• Fluent in English, any additional language (e.g. German, French or Dutch) is a plus
What can Nouryon offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. Our employment package comprises a competitive salary and an attractive bonus scheme. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
If you have questions on the role or the recruitment process, please contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, on +31 (0)6 1105 1707.
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the 'apply button’ on this page.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.