Nouryon provides a wide range of high quality and sustainable ingredients that are integral to numerous key industrial processes worldwide. Thus we serve high profile customers in sectors including paints, detergents, foods, plastics, cosmetics, construction, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, electronics, agriculture and oilfield applications.
The Agricultural Specialties segment is part of Nouryon’s Performance Formulations business line. The sales team, consisting of some 15 dedicated experts, is responsible for the overall relationship with customers.
In our EMEA region we have a vacancy for an Account Manager Feed Additives. The position is based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, but can also be home based anywhere in Europe.
Responsibilities and challenges
In this role, you will be identifying and delivering on customer demands and future market needs. Your main responsibilities are:
• Develop, manage and ensure realization of sales for the assigned accounts
• Define opportunities for new business as part of sales forecasting and opportunity management
• Establish and build relationships with key decision makers and buyers
• Understand the value of our products for customers’ business aiming at value pricing
• Serve as a lead contract negotiator on commercial terms
• Serve as the central resource for communications with the customer on new product developments in the Nouryon portfolio
• Provide market intelligence feedback to commercial management on market environment, competitor activity
• Provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments
• Manage customers overdue receivables within target
• Manage customer complaints through to final resolution
• Execute effective margin management, e.g. increase lot sizes, take out handling costs, timely execute price changes
As Account Manager Feed Additives, you will be responsible for accounts in Europe, primarily in Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Norway and The Netherlands. Furthermore, you will be expanding your scope with your creative ideas in sales. Being a hunter will require you to switch between the different kind of products, subjects, work and tasks. You will travel 30-50% of your time.
To successfully execute the job, you are a self-starter, functioning at a high level of independence and energy. You bring the following along:
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
• An entrepreneurial spirit
• 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in sales in the Feed Additives market
• Extensive knowledge of the (trends in) the Feed Additives market
• Excellent capabilities to build long term relationships
• Result orientation and customer focus
• Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Multicultural background with insight in different cultures is an advantage
What can Nouryon offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. Our employment package comprises a competitive salary and an attractive bonus scheme. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
For further information on the recruitment process, please contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, on +31 (0)6 1105 1707.
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the 'apply button on this page.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.