We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
JOB TITLE: Production Operator
Under general supervision, will perform duties associated with the production of chemicals and other products to meet quality specifications and customer demands.
• Must be committed to perform any assigned task safely and operate any equipment within the approved guidelines of SH&E, quality, and production requirements.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and function independently with respect to the assigned task.
• Possess knowledge and ability to operate process equipment and instrumentation to generate products on time, utilizing standard operating procedures and processes that meet quality specifications and standards.
• Understand how to read and interpret Process and Instrumentation Diagrams, process description, and process control.
• Assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and train others in the area of assignment.
• Possess basic maintenance skills including trouble shooting equipment and permit systems. Possess ability to make minor adjustments/repairs to the unit.
• Handle all hazardous chemicals and wastes in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
• Must be able to perform basic quality control analysis as required.
• Must be able to wear a respirator.
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH, SAFETY AND SECURITY SPECIFIC
• Understands and helps implement the HSES / Responsible Care Policy and related objectives.
• Aware of potential environmental, health, safety and security impacts in area of responsibility and take responsible action due to an event or offset to the standard operating conditions.
• Understands and implements any parts of the Fort Worth Environmental Compliance Plans, Waste Management Plans and Emergency Response Plan that applies to area of responsibility.
• Participates in the site's on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
• Participates in the site’s HSE&S processes and training activities.
• Knowledgeable and complies with all state, federal, and local regulations and complies with Nouryon standards and directives.
• Minimum of a High School diploma.
• Must be able to work 12-hour rotating shifts; lift 55 pound bags; climb up and down stairs, tanks, railcars, tank trucks, and ladders; fill and move 55 gallon drums, turn valves and other physical activities as required.
• 2 years minimum operator experience in a chemical manufacturing plant environment
• Process Technology Associates Degree is a strong plus.
• Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel).
• Proficiency in SAP and other software as well as operating DCS or other control systems is a plus.
• Good communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Mechanical aptitude and basic knowledge of chemistry is a plus.