We are looking for a Receptionist to manage our front desk and to also perform a variety of reception, event and communications support duties. This is an entry level role in a dynamic global organization and would be a good starting point for a recent college graduate looking for their first corporate full-time work experience.
As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. Our Receptionist’s duties include offering support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities and provide other general office support as needed for key employees and guests. To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have an outgoing personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position.
Additionally: This roll will also directly assist our General Counsel and Communications Director on various projects on a regular basis. This could include Marketing related tasks, communications campaigns, special customer or employee event coordination and management. There will be career path opportunities into Marketing or Communications positions for a highly motivated self-starter in this role.
This position will have direct interactions with many of our C-Suite executives and have the opportunity for advancement in the next 1-2 years.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Update calendars and schedule meetings for frequently used meeting rooms
- Arrange travel and accommodations occasionally
- Keep common areas, including kitchen, tidy and presentable
- Assist Communications Director and General Counsel (and others) with various event planning and logistics, communications and marketing related tasks, document creation, project management, etc. This additional responsibility can vary depending on need across the corporate office and the career interests of the successful candidate.
- Proven experience with normal office software programs
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive
- Self-Starter and motivated to learn
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- Recent college grads – 2-year degree required; 4-year degree strongly preferred. Business or Communications degree preferred.
Full time opportunity, good compensation and benefits package with career path options available.