Nouryon is a company with a long heritage and extensive expertise in specialty chemicals.
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items.
Home & Personal Care consists of essential ingredients such as amine surfactants, alkoxylates, solution and bio polymers, emulsion polymers, and chelating agents for cleaning, detergents, and personal care.
The BU Industrial Chemicals produces and markets salt and energy, DME, chlor-alkali products and derivatives like monochloroacetic acid (MCA).
The Planning Department is part of the BU Sales Operation Department and interlinks with the business side (Sales and Marketing) and the operational side (plant and site logistics) in order to best serve the customer.
Managing the process of balancing the product demand with the available production capacity via continuous optimization of production, ship deliveries, costs and stops and thereby realizing an optimum utilization of the production plants.
Thus taking into account the strategy and results of the BU by avoiding sub-optimization and looking after the BU interest.
- Manage the IBP Supply Stream based on the IBP principles within their specific business with focus on the total value chain.
- Responsible to plan production with a very high level of understanding of the trade-offs between service, stock and total supply chain costs.
- Improve capability of the planning function and implement new concepts, tools, and processes (e.g.: ABCXYZ segmentation, stocking parameters, flexible batch size management, etc...).
- Owns the MPS for all relevant factories and liaises with the Production Scheduler to ensure plan is delivered.
- Managing and monitoring Inventory levels and shared responsibility on Lead times and customer OTIF.
- Responsible for creating key reports and analysis to support the Demand and Supply streams.
Position in the organization
The Planning Department is part of the BU Sales Operation Department. The SOD manager reports to the Head of MCA and IC Strategy.
- Maintain and create valid and achievable supply plans which are reconciled to the overall supply strategy, balanced to capabilities, and respond to customer needs profitably.
- Compiles scorecard, analysis and makes recommendations.
- Ensure CI on leading metrics like Customer OTIF, Production Schedule Adherence, lead times and DIO
- Responsible for the Rough Cut Capacity Planning, Distribution Requirements planning and Production planning (24 months horizon) incl logistical equipment alignment, issue resolution and contingency planning
- Coordination and alignment across sites maintenance and turnaround planning
- Provide feedback and challenge the sales forecast to the business
- Effective relationships with the site(s), depots and Demand Planner
- Ensures all DRP/MRP planning parameters are accurate and cleansing occurs on an appropriate basis
- Supports Lifecycle Management for the products and factories planned
Demand Control (DC) Activities:
- Manage supply response to abnormal demands, as they arise, by driving the flexible part of short terms supply to resolve real time issues as they occur.
- Daily liaison with demand planner, S&M, and plants
- Prepare gap resolution as pre-work to the DC meeting
- Review and resolve exceptions of performance metrics
- Business Demand Planner / S&M Director & Manager
- Business Controller
- Plant & Production Manager
- Local Production Schedulers & Material Planners
- (Site & Central) Logistics Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Pipeline customer & logistical service providers
Level of Autonomy
Function acts within a matrix structure, hierarchical line for alignment and support towards Supply Planning Manager, functional line towards the business. In case of escalation the escalation model of the BU will be utilized, the Supply Planner advises via a solid business case the business hierarchical line.
Based on latest information regarding Demand requirements and Supply capabilities, the Supply Planner creates and aligns the Demand- and Supply balance. He/she then analyzes and assesses the remaining gaps and the risks (both on production- and on logistic capabilities), discusses with Supply Planners in the Supply chain and pro-actively prepares mitigating scenarios which include the impact for the total BU value chain. He/she then discusses with and strongly advises the major stakeholders the optimal solution in order to serve our customers’ needs, make optimal use of our total assets and at optimal costs for the BU. After agreement he/she will take the necessary actions to implement this optimal solution.
A Global Supply Planner who knows how to get things done, that’s you!
To successfully execute the role, you further bring along:
- University degree in Supply chain.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Experience with Excel.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong personality.
- Fluent business English is required. Knowledge of German and/or Dutch language is preferred.
More information or application?
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page.
Do you have any questions? Please feel free to reach out to Dennis Gerlings, Talent Resourcing Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A pre-employment screening will form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.