We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Location: LeMoyne, AL
Electrical Instrumentation Technician:
Working knowledge of:
• Analog and digital system fault diagnostic techniques and procedures.
• Principles underlying the construction and use of scientific instruments.
• Electronic and electrical low voltage circuits.
• Methods, practices and equipment used in maintaining, repairing, testing and adjusting electro-mechanical, pneumatic, electronic and other types of recording, control, and measuring instruments.
• Safety practices necessary for the work.
• Electrical and electronic theory and practice as applied to process instrumentation and control equipment.
• Materials, methods, and equipment used in the inspection, testing, calibration, maintenance, and repair of process instrumentation and control equipment.
• Interpretation and use of electrical and instrumentation diagrams, schematics, and drawings for installation and troubleshooting
• Motor control circuit operation and troubleshooting
• Medium voltage (12.47kv) breaker operation
• Substation equipment
• Power and lighting circuit repair (120V, 277V, 480V)
• Voltage detection and measuring equipment
• Use of computer programs (Word, Excel, SAP)
• Electrical safe work practices and PPE
Perform routine and emergency maintenance on analog, digital, electrical, electronic and pneumatic equipment and networks used to collect, process, transmit, receive and record data; perform periodic inspections, testing, adjustments, calibrations and servicing activities necessary to assure the proper operation of process instrumentation and control systems in the process; identify and correct electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and instrumentation failures, both individual and systemic ; use maintain, and repair electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic test instruments; perform specialized staff work related to control systems, as well as participate in administrative activities such as meetings, technology exchange, committees, safety programs, etc.
Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces, wear arc flash PPE and/or other required PPE while performing work.
Must take a written and practical test to determine competency.
Education – high school degree required. Completion of related accredited trade school curriculum, or apprenticeship program preferred.
Experience – Three plus years industrial experience. Chemical plant experience preferred.
Training: - 1. Process Safety
2. Specific equipment procedures
3. computer systems and software
4. LeMoyne Quality System