Nouryon - has an outstanding opportunity for a Plant Operator II in Morris, IL.
Essential Job Functions
- Must be committed to working and operating safely and follow all plant and company safety and environmental policies and procedures, as well as wearing all required personal protective equipment
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as function independently.
- Must be able to operate plant process equipment and instrumentation to produce products on time, utilizing standard operating procedures and processes that meet quality specifications and standards.
- Successfully pass initial operator training and subsequent refresher trainings.
- Must be able to work 8 and 12-hour rotating shifts.
- Must have a high school diploma. 1-2 years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing plant or equivalent degree in Process Operations Technology or other chemical operator certificate. National Career Readiness Certificate a plus.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel) a plus.
- Knowledge of DCS control systems a plus.
- Seeks to understand the Health, Safety, Environmental and Security (HSES) aspects of his/her area operations and the consequences if an upset occurs
- Good communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Mechanical aptitude
- After 30 days of continuous service required to become a member of the International Chemical Workers Union Council, UFCW.