We are now seeking our next Business Planning and Supply Chain (BP&SC) Manager supporting out Industrial Specialities Business, at Nouryon Performance Formulations in Stenungsund. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates who are interested in joining a fast paced, profitable and sustainable company. The BP &SC Manager leads the deployment and operation of the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process for the business and acts as the business interface between end markets and operations. This role will work to ensure the accuracy and complete coordination of market demand forecasts and manufacturing capacities (including site operations, vendors, logistics, and toll manufacturers). Further, the IBP program will integrate the existing work streams of Market Development, R&D Product Portfolio, Demand and Supply Planning, Asset Strategy, and financial planning to create a single view of the business performance against our financial aspirations. The BP&SC Manager will drive functional accountability to create alternative scenarios to consistently refine the plan to align to our financial aspirations. It is a key strategic partnership with the business.
Implementation of Business Planning Program:
- Integration and alignment of the Marketing, R&D, Sales, ISC, and Finance calendars, processes, and tools.
- Alignment and integration with Controllers and Financial Planning & Analysis for budgeting and financial processes
- Participating in shaping Supply and Demand Planning strategies, capabilities and processes to improve integration and performance
- Development, deployment, implementation, post-implementation and exploitation of harmonized processes (product/project, demand, supply, integrated reconciliation, and management reviews), systems and program, across all business and functions in alignment with strategy.
- Business Planning drives the development and execution of an Integrated Plan making IBP the primary process used by the leadership team to align, integrate and synchronize the plans for the business
- Incorporate strategic planning and budgeting cycle. Integrate the financial plan (Budget), the financial forecast (RF/ LE), sales and marketing plans, and operations plans; linking strategic, operational and financial goals.
Running the Business Planning Program:
- Drive the 5 Year Strategy annual program, IBP monthly program, and DSR weekly program
- Ensure proper, efficient reporting and analysis on Business Planning performance towards stakeholders
- Partner with the Business Line leaders and the ISC leaders to ensure aligned priorities and continuous improvement of processes
- Drives cross functional process improvement to achieve excellence, via process assessment tools and continuous improvement plan
- Holds the functional leaders accountable to deliver on KPIs
- Improve the reliability of the Forecast
- Improve OPI through increased Sales revenue and Production Output
- Increase Customer Satisfaction through OTIF
- Improve OWC by reducing Inventory
- Improve profitability by increasing Productivity
- Ensure alignment in ALPS Plan workstream and works together on process development and defining standards.
- Maintains the effectiveness of the future organization by coaching and developing the planning organization to create future leaders.
- MSc degree in Business, Supply Chain, or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of documented experience within Supply Chain
- Good understanding of the Commercial and Integrated Supply Chain functions
- Demontrated business acumen and able to grasp market trends
- Minimum 3 years of documented leadership experience
- Project management experience as project lead in small or medium sized projects.
- Solid understanding of main functional end-2-end processes e.g. Sales Process, Order to Cash.
- Highly skilled in L6S methodologies and tools, process development and change management experience, (L6S Black Belt qualification is preferred.)
- Preferred: Experienced implementing and operating S&OP and/or IBP
- Preferred: Working knowledge of SAP, systems and processes
- Fluency in written and spoken English and preferably also in Swedish.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Demonstrated Leadership, Influencing and Change Management skills
- Cultural awareness (working across-country/ function)
- Pro-active initiating attitude; self-assured and capable of convincing people based on a shared vision.
- Task focused but sensitive to risks and changes in direction based on new insights.
- Capable to make deep-dive analyses while maintaining high-level overview.
- Team builder with good social and negotiation skills.
To be successful in this position we believe that you have a high social competence, high customer focus and the ability to build successful and long-term relationships. You are confident in your own expertise and deliver results while maintaining a high quality in your work. You also possess the ability to work efficiently and you know how to prioritize in your daily work.
Please note that this role requires approx. 25% travelling
Why join us?
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the BP&SC Director and based in Stenungsund, Sweden.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
We kindly ask you as an internal candidate to apply with your Nouryon email.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Chris Swift, BP&SC Director Performance Formulations +1 (312) 860-5979
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Wictoria Majstrand, HR Business Partner +46 709 577 646
For unions related questions please contact:
Akademikerklubben, Anna-Lena Palm, +46 733 855 113
Unionen, Linda Schiötz, +46 303 853 62
If you have any general questions or need assistance, please contact: Recruiting.SE@Nouryon.com
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
We are organized in three Businesses:
Performance Formulations focuses on business lines based on tailored performance that require a high level of customer intimacy, such as those for personal care and agriculture.
Technology Solutions includes business lines that are an integrated part of our customers’ processes, such as catalysts and additives for the polymer and pulp industries.
Industrial Chemicals encompasses our salt-chlorine value chain, which supplies end markets ranging from lightweight metals and plastics to pharmaceuticals.
Do not forget to follow us on Linkedin and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
Film: Nouryon your partner in essential Chemistry for a sustainable future
The application process
After the closing date, we will start the selection process.
In our first selection we thoroughly go through all the applications. If your skills and qualifications match the profile we are looking for, you will be invited to an initial phone interview that takes approximately 30 minutes. If you proceed in our selection process we invite you to a face-to-face interview that takes about 1,5 hours. There you will meet with the recruiter and the hiring manager.
We look forward to your application!
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.