We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
The Alabama site is a major manufacturer of sulfur derivative products for various marketplaces. The site holds a diverse portfolio of products for the pulp and paper industry, mining industry, specialty polymers and synthesis of agrochemicals. The site has been in continuous operation since 1953.
The Site Logistics Coordinator position handles all logistics for the Eastman Crystex plant (customer order entries, deliveries, scheduling, and other customer related activities). The Site Logistics Coordinator also handles the coordination between the logistics hub and site loading department of ocean, air, and domestic moves whether by rail, tank truck, dry van truck, ocean vessel, and airplane. The Site Logistics Coordinator also handles coordination and scheduling of in- and outbound ISO container shipments, portable tanks and railcars, including planned and unplanned maintenance. Other duties include handling shipping documents and filing and managing SAP shipping transactions. The Site Logistics Coordinator will work closely with regional and global partners and customers.
1. Scheduling shipments for air and ground/water as well as assist with shipping documentation.
2. Assist with load planning and allocation of product as directed.
3. Coordinate logistic activities to ensure order fulfillment goals are achieved.
4. Assist with handling shipping documentation (proforma invoices, FedEx, and other documents).
5. Coordinate the in and outbound process of Domestic and international Iso containers, portable tanks and railcars, in close collaboration with the local depot, the global fleet manager and the hub.
6. Coordinate the planned and unplanned maintenance of Iso containers, portable tanks and railcars.
1. File and maintain customer records.
2. File and maintain chlorine and sulfur chloride documentation for Homeland Security Audits.
3. Verify order completeness and accuracy against purchase orders.
4. Support other team members as needed, and any other duties as assigned.
1. Act as key customer service contact for Eastman
2. Manage inbound and outbound logistics for Eastman raw materials and finished goods
3. Coordinate loading schedule between Eastman and on-site loading department
The accountabilities listed above will be covered by two Site Logistics Coordinators. Each will need to be able to cover all responsibilities on a rotational basis.
Education and Experience Required:
• 2 Years of college and a minimum 2 years ‘experience in supply chain or logistics.
• 1-2 years in customer service, supply chain, logistics or related experiences.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
Education and Experience Preferred:
• 2-4 years in customer service, supply chain, logistics or related experiences.
• Experience in a chemical or polymer manufacturing operation.
• Experience with SAP
• Strong customer focus and service orientation with the ability to interact effectively with employees and vendors at all levels in a cross-cultural setting.
• Strong problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, interpersonal, and communications skills. Demonstrated ability to proactively address issues when considering options to solve problems.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
• Self-motivated, innovative, practical, creative, adaptable, resourceful and able to deal with ambiguity
• Demonstrated track record in taking initiative in servicing customers and a strong desire and capability to learn new skills.
• Ability to analyze data and prepare meaningful reports for the management team.
• Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and as a member of a team.
• Excellent communication skills, in person, on the phone, and in writing.
• Ability to develop and maintain customer relationships, understand our business and our customer's business, demonstrate intelligent flexibility and business judgment.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to a changing and developing environment. Willingness to take on new responsibilities as our business evolves.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• This position works in an office environment.
• Monday through Friday day shift. Monitoring of emails after hours and in the weekend may be required in certain situations.
• Requires use of office equipment such as computers, fax machines, telephones, and copiers.
• Required sitting and computer-related activities for extended periods of time.