Are you the Logistics Specialist who is experienced in successfully handling daily logistics activities for road transport, including shipment planning, optimization, execution, monitoring, and reporting? If so, then we are looking for you!
In our European Logistics hub, we have a vacancy for a:
Logistics Specialist Road
Fulltime, Arnhem, the Netherlands
As Logistics Specialist Road, you are responsible for transport planning activities including capacity planning, shipment planning, carrier selection, routing, scheduling, tendering, and load building. Thorough ARD knowledge is required.
Your responsibilities include:
• Monitor shipments and resolve exceptions as they arise
• Track and monitor logistics provider, customer, and organization logistics KPIs and cost performance
• Support freight cost payment, management, and invoicing
• Develop performance reports for review with Regional Logistics Team Lead
• Facilitate driver training, supplier training, supplier onboarding according to ADR requirements
• Keep track of latest developments from Transport Safety perspective
• Act as SME for transport safety related queries
• Maintain relationships with logistics providers and support Regional Logistics Team Lead in conducting performance reviews
• Identify frequency and cause of service failures and work with Regional Logistics Team Lead to develop plans to identify solutions
• Support acquisition of transport mode capacity including spot booking
• Support process improvement efforts as directed by the Regional Logistics Team Lead
The Supply Planning & Logistics team
The European logistics team is responsible for all inbound and outbound transportation execution, and warehousing. The team is divided into a mainland Europe team based in Arnhem Netherlands and a team located in Gothenburg Sweden. This position is based in Arnhem and looks after execution to / from our sites and warehouses in mainland Europe.
Have you got what it takes?
To be eligible for this challenging position you have at least 5 years of demonstrated experience in logistics and supply chain. You have a strong understanding of the modal transport market and ADR.
Next to this, you have:
• At least a bachelor diploma in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or similar
• Excellent knowledge of the English language, both verbal as in writing (knowledge of German and/or French is a plus)
• Experience with carrier relationship management and performance evaluations
• Strong working knowledge of programs specific to Logistics (SAP, Transporeon, WMS)
• Experience with the chemical industry is a requirement
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and quickly develop a solution
• Ability to use data to support decision making and develop solutions to present to leaders
• Outstanding communication skills and ability to communicate with various levels and functions within the organization
• Ability to support process improvement initiatives while balancing daily responsibilities
• Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
• A permanent contract
• An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies.
• An attractive bonus scheme
• 35 vacation days
• An excellent pension plan
• The option to participate in a collective health insurance
• Training opportunities
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nouryon as Logistics Specialist Road?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page, and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, email@example.com.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.