We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Category Manager I
Develop and implement sourcing strategies for the assigned categories (product and services) designed to support the identified business needs in line with the Global Procurement strategy and the SSM methodology
• Responsible to source products for one or several PR Procurement categories within the region (and potentially globally) and optimize commercial terms and total cost of ownership.
• Actively engage with key stakeholders from different Business Units to gather business requirements and specifications within the region and incorporate into sourcing strategies, supplier selections and decisions.
• Select, drive and develop suppliers in line with organizational business requirements and track supplier performance on a continuous basis in collaboration with the tactical procurement team in the region as well as key stakeholders at the sites.
• Monitor the external market to explore new business models and innovation, identify potential new suppliers, assess best country sourcing alternatives and industry best practices and consequently build up deep expertise around the products and services within scope.
• Continuously seek out and identify ways of taking out cost (based on TCO approach) to meet individual and team targets as well as working with stakeholders to lower and optimize spending on PR. In addition, the position holder is expected to balance cost with quality improvements and supply Job Description reliability to the sites by consolidating and raising the performance of the supplier base.
• Working closely with stakeholders will be a key to align technical and commercial requirements and secure total cost of ownership solutions and secure long-term partnership with key suppliers.
Develops and implements sourcing strategies for product and services designed to support the identified business needs and in line with the Global Procurement strategy following the SSM methodology.
• Builds and maintains competitive contacts with suppliers to secure total cost of ownership solutions. Leads value engineering and other cost reduction activity both cross functionally and across businesses and sites to identity and capture synergies.
• Develops plans for the short-term and long-term security of supply. Identifies alternative suppliers and products for innovation, improved sustainability, cost reduction and in support of business strategy in coordination with Supply Chain and R&D.
• Responsible for the collection and interpretation of market data and intelligence that impacts the categories that are under direct responsibility. Becomes the “go to” person for assigned spend within the region and stimulates cross business cooperation. Job Description
• Takes an active role in the global category network to align decisions and activities around common suppliers with category managers from other regions to manage and coordinate the business relationship
• Represents the Business both inside and outside Nouryon builds and maintains a network of business contacts in support of organizational objectives; conducts business in a responsible and ethical manner. Functional Responsibilities/Network
• Member/leader of a global category network
• Owner of category strategy and supplier relationships
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in a business related area or industry
Skills & Competencies:
• Extensive negotiation experience and ability to influence people and selling concepts and ideas
• Advanced strategic thinking skills with ability to analyze data, understand interdependencies and develop strategies at a regional or global category level.
• Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization
• Excellent relationship builder and skilled at manage external contacts
• Comprehensive experience of working with international sourcing across regions in high complexity environment
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership with a high level of autonomy to develop spend and cost reduction projects and execute on those together with stakeholders and other procurement members
• Willingness to work with personal cost targets and having the ability to develop and change strategy and apply various tools and actions to reach targets
• Highly effective with stakeholder management and capability to build strong relationship internally and externally
• Good presentation skills and ability to analyze data and technical requirements from different angles
• Analytical mind set and problem-solving skills
• Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Minimum 5 years procurement experience of strategic procurement and category management in Chemicals, leadership experience is a plus
• Language Skills: Fluent in English. Additional languages are an asset.
• Travel: Regular travel expected