We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Battleground primarily produces metal alkyls, sold primarily as co-catalysts to major thermoplastic resins and rubber manufacturers (producers of polyethylene, polypropylene, and EPDM). The product line is complex with over 30 metal alkyl products (plus formulations) produced at Battleground. The site also manufactures High Purity Metal Organics (HPMO) for the semi-conductor and LED industries.
- Develop, communicate and maintain a workable 0-4 (13) week schedule to optimize OEE and Yield & Energy (AUM/PEM) across production resource constraints
- Ensure schedule meets customer priorities (work with supply planner) and is optimized across entire site and ensure timely availability of raw materials and work centers.
- Participating in weekly scheduling meeting with Planner(s)
- Developing weekly schedules based on negotiated customer priorities and current business environment to optimize the use of available resources. Scheduling plant based on production wheel rules.
- Ensures appropriate scheduling logic according defined business guidelines and scheduling procedures.
- Publish and update daily and weekly schedules to site and customer service.
- Adjusting schedules to accommodate changing customer priorities/demand or availability of site resources/work centers.
- Call off and minimize temporary employees as described by the production supervisor/manager for required peak coverage.
- Monitoring and tracking weekly production schedule compliance and publishing results cross-site.
- Providing feedback to supply planners on quality of plan detail and logic.
- Providing reports on timely availability of: final product for shipment (Production OTIF), raw materials and other supplies, work centers.
- Responsible for raw material/packaging material planning and call-off. To ensure supply of materials can well meet the production requirement. In the meantime, keep reasonable inventory level in line with inventory target.
- Coordinate with relevant departments/functions to solve issues in production scheduling and raw material call-off, which include Production, Technical, Purchasing, Customer Service, Business/Sales Managers, Warehouse, Transportation and Lead Buyers, etc.
- Maintain effective administration of SAP through timely entries and daily review of (COGI).
- Actively participate into site IBP meeting including data collection, presentation preparation, and reviewing with stakeholder.
- Maintain relevant master data in SAP to improve working efficiency.
- Coordinate cargo return/swap from suppliers and handle the supplier OFI with other functions including regional lead buyer, site purchasing mgr, technical dept and production dept etc in order to improve the supplier performance.
- Site resource utilization (people, AUM/PEM)
- Weekly schedule published and communicated with customer service.
- Production OTIF: Percentage of On Time and In Full in warehouse (on time ready for shipment).
- Inventory: Raw materials and intermediates. Blocked Stock for all material types
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, Mathematics, Engineering, Supply Chain, or related discipline (Preferred)
- Highly proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Access; SharePoint)
- Very good English communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrable capability to analyze data (including mass cross-reference data validation, trending and forecasting)
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate with all functional levels within the business
- Experience with SAP (or equivalent ERP system), Business Warehouse (or equivalent data warehouse) or Arkieva (or equivalent advanced planning software) is preferred
- Solid understanding of supply chain and business processes
- Ability to prioritize and proactively complete projects with little direction
- Process driven attitude and results-orientated
- APICS CPIM or CSCP is preferred