Key Account Manager (Remote) - Job Description
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Key Account Manager (Remote) position, in Houston, Atlanta, Charlotte, Pacific Northwest/Northeast areas.
The Renewable Fibers business is very important for the future wealth generation of the Technology Solutions Business (TS). It is critical to maintain the maximum profitability in the mature European and North American chlorate and peroxide markets in order that the Technology Solutions can maintain its market leader position and justify future investment money to build new production capacity in new emerging markets. In this regard, the job has both a regional area of responsibility but as importantly a global focus to ensure that the profitability of Technology Solutions is maximized. One challenge of the role is to ensure that Renewable Fibers has extremely accurate market data in terms of supply and demand and responds responsibly and swiftly to that data in order to maintain its leading position in the mature markets as well as in the developing markets.
- Define, develop and implement the business strategy for the key accounts.
- Increase volume and profitablity for assigned key accounts.
- Deliver on the short and long term objectives.
- Deliver sales according to budget.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts in Arkieva.
- Identify business growth opportunities.
- Accountable for on timely collection of receivables.
- Direct contact with customers in the field, representing Nouryon in a professional manner.
- Capture all relevant information in CRM.
- Create strategy and develop, manage and ensure realization of sales for the assigned key accounts.
- Direct the sales team for Sodium Chlorate, chlorine Dioxide and Hydrogen Peroxide in North America to derive maximum profitability from the chlorate and peroxide product lines in compliance with Nouryon Business Principles.
- Support the elaboration of the global Business Line strategy for sodium chlorate, chlorine dioxide and hydrogen peroxide as a member of the Renewable Fibers (RF) Management Team.
- Develop strong relations with our defined Strategic Account customers.
- Regularly report North America sales activity in terms of customers development (volume, price and profitability), supply forecast for production planning and construct annual budgets in line with management timetables for future business development and investment planning.
- Participate as a member of the RF Management Team in the global supply and profitability coordination of the chlorate commodity business.
- Actively support the work of the credit control department in North America to improve customer payment records, reduce payment terms and ultimately reduce the OWC levels to target.
- Ensure best safe working practice within the sales group in order to avoid accidents and injury to our employees and its customers.
Job Requirements - Essential Education, Qualifications and Relevant Experience and Skills:
- BSC in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- University level qualification in science or business administration.
- At least 10 years of Sales experience, preferably of the Pulp and Paper Industry, highly valuated and preferred, either as a customer or supplier to appreciate the importance of market trends.
- High level communication, negotiation and presentation skills for the benefit of internal and external customer’s
- At least 5 years management experience and strong in managing performance.
- An ability to spend considerable time (30% - 50% typically) in travel to customer locations throughout North America.
- Fluent in English.
- Member of Renewable Fibers Management Team.
- Participate in the elaboration of the sodium chlorate, chlorine dioxide and hydrogen peroxide global strategy.
- Actively participate in the optimization of the global supply and demand balance for sodium chlorate.
- Participate in establishing the proper priorities for the pulp bleaching R&D Group.
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons.*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. *