Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a “Total Rewards Manager, Americas” in Houston, TX.
Lead the design, structure, delivery and compliance of Compensation, Benefits, and Retirement programs for the Americas region with ~ 3,000 employees. Ensures Total Reward offerings are market competitive, cost efficient and well communicated in support of Nouryon’s attraction and retention objectives.
The position requires in-depth experience leading health, welfare, retirement and defined benefit pension plans including delivery, assessment, process flows, compliance and vendor management. A strong systems and data management (payroll, system interfaces, reporting and analytics) is required to ensure the flow of information and reporting are timely and accurate across various Reward platforms.
Strong experience in compensation delivery including base, STI and annual merit cycles is highly preferred along with experience scenario planning in support of the collective bargaining process.
- End-to-end management, assessment, delivery and compliance of compensation and benefit programs across the Americas including health, welfare, 401k, frozen Defined Benefit (DB) pension, base salary and short-term incentive programs.
- Manage varied external provider relationships (brokers, healthcare carriers, consultants) ensuring high service standards, flawless delivery and value of services.
- Partner with HRIS, Operations and Payroll teams ensuring complex and varied data flows, eligibility tracking and related workflows are well established, zero-defect and audited.
- Guide the annual merit and Short-Term Incentive (STI) cycle across the Americas; responsible for data quality, communication of timelines and manager calibrations to ensure recommendations are aligned with performance
- Support job evaluation, job offer recommendations, promotional increases and salary structure maintenance in partnership with business leaders and HR Business Partners.
- Provide Total Rewards consultation to specific countries in the Americas: Canada, U.S. Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Columbia and Chile.
- Manage the tracking and oversight for legacy retiree populations (commencements, status changes, data management) for the frozen DB pension, and retiree medical populations.
- Manage the annual pension valuation process, ERISA audits, 401k non-discrimination testing, Form 5500s, P.B.G.C. premiums and all plan compliance and filings.
- Set the annual strategy for medical, dental, vision and all benefit plan design, features and employee contributions; ensures program is highly competitive and cost effective.
- Leads the annual Open Enrollment process including all rate development, plan design, pricing scenarios, system testing and employee communications.
- Act as resource and escalation point for employee or HR inquiries relating to benefit issues, questions or procedures.
- Partner with HR Operations and Payroll ensuring compensation and benefit programs are delivered accurately, issue resolution processes are well managed and quality control standards are maintained.
- Lead a team of Reward analysts ensuring proper delegation of duties, proper training and collaboration in support of the business.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 7 years managing benefit and retirement plan programs
- Strong experience in benefit plan design, trend analysis and assessment
- Exceptional communication and intense analytical skills, problem solver and critical thinking skills.
- Familiar with SuccessFactors is desired.
- Experience supporting an annual compensation cycle (system set-up, merit guidelines, process flows, reporting, etc.)
- Background in compensation design (salary structures, merit matrices, market assessment)
- Strong background in managing 401k and retirement (DB) plans including plan design, compliance, operations, vendor management and employee communications
- In-depth knowledge of employee benefit plans, practices, vendor management, plan design assessment and employee communications
- Strong understanding and experience in leading compliance practices relating to benefit programs including government filings, disclosures, ERISA and nondiscrimination testing
- Experience with hourly compensation and assessing collectively bargained compensation and benefit offerings
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver and critical thinker
- Knowledge of HR systems (SuccessFactors), data interfaces
- Able to manage daily priorities while driving the larger benefits and rewards strategies.
- Operationally excellent, process driven, structured approach
- Collaborative, creative and collegial approach to teamwork and problem solving
- Catalyst for change; not afraid to challenge and influence the status quo
- Highly detailed oriented, able to translate complex processes into easily understandable action items