We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Location: Salisbury, NC
This position performs both corrective and preventive maintenance tasks for process and utility equipment (pressure vessels, tanks, agitators, pumps, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air compressors, etc.), including mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, and pipe welding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work safely in chemical plant environment, including permit to work and other permit; LOTOTO, confined space, hot work, line breaking, crane, energized, excavation and working at heights procedures and paperwork.
- Ability to perform general routine preventive and demand maintenance tasks.
- Ability to utilize Preventive Maintenance Software for entering and closing demand and preventive maintenance work orders.
- Prefer Welding tasks include GTA (TIG) welding of Hastelloy C-276, 316 stainless steel, and 304 stainless steel; stick welding of steel piping, plate, angle; and fitting of threaded and welded piping.
- Experience with basic shop equipment, plasma cutter, grinders, pipe threaders drill press, band saw, etc.
- Prefer experience with predictive maintenance tools: laser alignment, vibration, ultrasonic, infrared, etc.
- Prefer experience with centrifugal pumps, positive pressure pumps, valves, piping, agitators, etc.
- Utility systems maintenance tasks include boiler inspections, water testing, and compressor maintenance.
- Electrical and instrumentation tasks include motor replacement, wiring and conduit runs, fuse replacement, multi-meter use.
- Exemplary safety performance and attitude. Ability to work with little supervision. Ability to handle continual change and to work independently.
- Participate in HSES activities directed by management/supervision or as indicated in the HSES Annual Site Plan.
- Must be capable to wear full face respirator and SCBA for special maintenance activities as needed.
- Team members should operate under any applicable Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) when performing functions within their role.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- H.S. diploma/GED.
- Prefer 2-year industrial maintenance degree.
- Two to five years of maintenance experience in an industrial environment.
- Must be able to manage time effectively.
List of physical demands: Can properly lift up to 50 lbs for maintenance activities and as defined in maintenance mechanic JFA.
Office, lab and production environment.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
*Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.