Synthesis & PPR (Product and Process Research) Chemical Engineer/Chemist
Key Objectives of the Job:
- Work on the assigned tasks mainly synthesis projects and follow up safety procedures to guarantee zero incidents.
- Provide support for production sites and application groups.
- Maintenance of lab inventory and equipment, and be responsible for housekeeping.
- Work on the safety activities according to the company policy.
- Focus on Alkoxylation synthesis and Quaternization synthesis works.
- Run other organic and/or polymer synthesis according to the assignments.
- Run analysis to characterize the raw material and product.
- Be responsible for data acquisition and interpretation to identify the best process according to safety, industrial and economical constraints. Determine the key process parameters, to adapt the process to the existing workshop or to define the necessary modifications.
- Generate project documentation including detailed experiment procedure, monthly update report, project summary for customers, and so on.
- Be responsible for the equipment maintenance and lab inventory.
- Be responsible for lab housekeeping weekly.
- Help with lab consumable materials purchasing.
- Strictly follow the standard operation procedure (SOP) and ensure the accuracy and reliability of the test results, responsible to do lab experiment supporting production and application.
- Be involved in site HSE&S efforts. This may include (not limited to) involvement in BBS, SAQ, incident investigation, safety inspections, internal/local audits, risk assessment, hazard studies, and others as deemed necessary by the site management for the continual improvement of site HSE&S performance.
- Follow the LSR and Golden Rule required by the company.
- Bachelor or above degree in chemical engineer, organic chemistry or related major with 1-3 years working experience. Experience with high pressure reactions are highly preferred.
- Experimental skills on organic synthesis and/or polymer synthesis, as well as the understanding of basic analysis and characterization methods (eg NMR, GC, LC, MS, GPC, titration, pH value, viscosity).
- Good command of Microsoft office.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multinational company environment.
- Good team player.
- Quick and active learner.
- Attention to details.