Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Business Analyst in Radnor, PA.
This position will contribute to the execution of business strategy and achievement of financial objectives by monitoring, conducting financial analysis and providing forward looking management information aimed at improvement of the operational, commercial and financial effectiveness of the assigned business operations.
- Develops financial reports for forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Conducts analysis of financial transactions and business figures to support business decision making
- Supports business proposals, projects and programs by conducting cost benefit analysis and proposal support
- Supports in the development and maintenance of budgets and ensures budget adjustments.
- Applies a working knowledge of applicable laws / regulations and verifies documents for completeness and compliance.
- Gets familiar with all the applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct/HS&E standards and acts in compliance with all their regulations.
- Extracts financial data from various accounting and information systems and performs financial analyses of business figures maximizing the use of standard management reports.
- Assembles, manipulates and/or formats data reports with the use of various advanced software applications.
- Interprets financial data to determine past performance and/or to project the financial probability.
- Interprets financial transactions / events for the ones who must make economic or business decisions.
Business proposal and project support:
- Performs cost benefit analysis related to business projects and/or programs and assists in the development of business proposals.
- Participates in the development of various types of budgets.
- Collects / compiles budget data, completes budget status reports and analyzes budget patterns as well as projects expenditures.
- Provides information on and answers questions relating to budget procedures.
- Identifies budget issues, provides alternative solutions and helps in the resolution of problems.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of budget monitoring systems.
- Determines costs of the business operations and recommends budget adjustments as well as other cost improvement measures.
- Records, classifies and summarizes financial transactions / events in accordance with valid accounting principles.
Job requirements / Candidate profile
- Bachelor or similar level degree in Finance/Business
- Displaying Technical expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
- Driving Continuous improvement: Establishes methods to monitor and improve performance of systems and processes; utilizes specialized techniques for continuous improvement (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management)
- Prioritizing and organizing work: Allocate time and attention based on what is the most important to achieve key goals and objectives; approaches work in an organized and systematic manner; effectively manages tasks, information, and requests
- Communicating effectively: Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener
- Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
- Analysis: Reviewing quantitative or conceptual problems and situations, and drawing appropriate and valid conclusions from data presented, sifting through data to determine the most significant elements. Identifying common elements and themes in situations and actions, recognizing cause and effect relationships.
- Business acumen: an intuitive and applicable understanding of how a company or unit makes money. Displays a thorough understanding of what drives profitability. Maintains a market-focused approach to business. Keeps an overall big picture understanding of the business and its interrelationships enabling a person to make better business decisions. The ability to make good business judgments and quick decisions in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
- Data Visualization: Applied knowledge of Visualization, techniques for creating images, diagrams, or animations to communicate a message.
- SAP & Hyperion
- English (fluent)