Nouryon - has an outstanding opportunity for a QA/QC Specialist in Morris, IL.
Performs QA and QC functions designed to inform the manufacturing units in order to make process changes. The QA/QC specialist uses standard analytical methodology to quantify the quality of the products produced in the units and by assuring the instruments are performing within specifications the accuracy of the results is guaranteed. Proper execution of the assigned job functions will ensure that the QC Laboratory is adhering to ISO 9001:2015.
- Periodically performs routine quantitative and qualitative analysis to determine chemical and physical properties of Nouryon products and related raw materials.
- Perform standard procedures to calibrate instruments, standardize titrants, and make reagents/indicators.
- Monitors analytical instrument baselines and calibration drift, correcting when parameters record as OOS
- Perform non-routine analyses in service of Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Troubleshoots all QC Laboratory analytical instruments.
- Maintains logbook for all QC Laboratory’s analytical instrumentation (NIR, GC, HPLC, FTIR, etc), ensuring results are accurate and precise.
- Record and distribute data to various areas as specified by procedure, as applicable.
- Train QC Technicians on proper instrument handling
- Make recommendations for instrument optimization and/or upgrades.
- Other duties assigned.
- BS degree in Chemistry or equivalent college level education.
- A strong knowledge and proficient in using the QM module in SAP and MES.
- Strong computer knowledge especially in Excel with a strong emphasis on generating charts to show analytical trending.
- Ability to work well in teams and a strong work ethic with abilities to set priorities, meet deadlines and use time effectively to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to think outside of the box for RCPS and other troubleshooting tasks
- Good verbal and written communication skills.