Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Network Administrator/IT Specialist in Lima, OH. This position is with Fort Amanda Specialties, which is a joint venture of Nouryon and BASF.
Accountable to maintain the Local Area Network and all personal computer workstations from a hardware and software perspective.
- Maintain and support the sites communication systems including the network / Internet access lines, phone system, paging speakers, cell phones and 2-way radios.
- Coordinate with the Nouryon Help Desk as required to support the Local Area Network PC, laptop, printer and internet access. This also includes orienting new users to our I.T. environment and assisting with the operation of their equipment.
- Interface with the production engineers on Process Control Systems (PCS) connectivity and security of the engineering network as it integrates with the I.T. infrastructure.
- Manages fob-oriented door locks, serves as liaison for camera surveillance system.
- Provide site management with strategic information regarding the current and future hardware and software technologies as it pertains to organizational needs to improve existing systems and identify opportunities for further enhancement or to proactively prevent problems or downtime.
- Maintain established Information Management policies, procedures, objectives and strategies. Ensure proper system security is maintained for access of users as approved by site management. Monitor access security and investigate as required.
- Maintain and administer the Lima, OH sites FAS/AkzoNobel I.T. infrastructure, network, servers and applications, including FAS Webpage, network file storage, printing, backup systems, offsite storage and related inventory, diagrams and documentation. This includes communicating with vendors and tech support channels regarding technical issues and troubleshooting. This also includes coordinating the onsite cabling and hardware support with the BASF I.T.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or MIS and a minimum of 3-5 years providing LAN and PC Support. Should be familiar with Active Directory and Domain Structures. An individual with an Enterprise Certified NetWare Engineer (ECNE) or Certified NetWare Engineer (CNE) certification is desired. May be substituted with equivalent education and experience.
In addition, the following are necessary to achieve success in this position:
- Experience with at least one major database application such as but not limited to Access, SQL or Oracle. Experience should be in the database development area. Experience in the use of at least one major LAN. Demonstrated ability to analyze, draw conclusions, devise solutions to complex logical problems.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of PC components and their respective interface requirements.
- Digitalization, Automation, ERP, and experience in chemical manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills to diagnose root causes of user PC problems and to
debug and troubleshoot applications, programs and databases designed by the Company.
- Demonstrated an extensive working knowledge of the following:
Operating Environment: Windows Based Products
Software Applications: Microsoft Office 2000