Career Opportunities: Technology Engineer, Polymer, MPP & Tolling (Req. #4535)
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
The Performance Formulations Polymers, MPP (Multi-Purpose Plant) and Tolling team has an opening in Salisbury, NC. This is a full-time position for an individual with experience in a wide range of topics, from New Product Introductions, Process Troubleshooting, Process Transfer and CAPEX deployment.
This Senior Chemical Engineering position is for a Process and Project Engineering expert within the Global Technology Group of the Performance Formulations Business Unit of Nouryon. The Technology Group provides expertise in support of New Product Deployment, Regulatory, Product Applications, and Manufacturing. The Technology Group works Globally, this position would be more regionally focused in the Eastern US.
The successful candidate will have the ability to operate in a small group environment responding to varied priority of requests from sites across the region. Skills to multitask between multiple projects is required. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are critical to ensure clear information transfer between groups.
The successful candidate must be able to understand Product Specifications and troubleshoot QC data.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities:
- Deploy New Product Introductions (NPI’s) both internally and externally, mostly in the Eastern United States
- Help outsource existing products when internal capacity is reached
- Troubleshoot Raw Materials and Product Quality related issues
- Lead in FEL 1 and 2 related Growth CAPEX deployment activities with external EPCM firms
- Interact closely with Synthesis, Technical Service, Regulatory and plant QC groups in assisting with development of new products, resolving customer concerns in a timely manner
- Maintain company safety standards and live the company values
- B.S. In Chemical Engineering or Chemistry with 10+ years’ experience
- Experience with Polymerization, Quaternization, Condensation, and Alkoxylation preferred.
- Experience with Process Transfers, Process Troubleshooting and solving problems in Chemical Plants
- Experience with CAPEX Deployment, particularly in FEL 1 and 2, Business Case Development, and Contractor and Engineering firm Outsourcing
- Strong computer skills. Proficient with MS Office suite of programs
- Strong Statistical skills Six Sigma experience preferred
- Previous SAP experience required, particularly in the areas of changes or setting up new products
- Significant experience with Quality Assurance and Troubleshooting Final Product Test Data
- Good mechanical, statistical and mathematical skills
- Demonstrate strong work ethic, self-starter and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Maintains company safety standards and lives the company values
- The position will require 10% travel, mostly in the Eastern US, with potential for occasional
- Member of the Global Technology Team
- Work closely with the Integrated Supply Chain, Sr. Business Leaders, RE&D, PSRA, Product Coordinators, MDM, and Technical Service
- Follow Nouryon Values and Behaviours
All applicants offered positions by Nouryon will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. *