Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Accounting Specialist.
Position is based in Lima, Ohio at Fort Amanda Specialties LLC (FAS), a joint venture between BASF and Nouryon (formerly part of Akzo Nobel).
FAS is a major producer of chelating agents that are used in a broad range of critical applications such as hand sanitizers, detergents, industrial cleaners and agricultural nutrients.
With people’s health being in the forefront of their minds these days, we are looking for a change leader who can enable our entire team in helping the world overcome the tough current environment.
Standardize/Automate as much as the following existing process as possible to unlock time:
- Monitor A/P invoice process and take appropriate action(s) when necessary
- Confirm matching of receiving records, invoices, and purchase orders occurs in SAP prior to payment
- Monitor production registration process and take appropriate action(s) when necessary
- Engage vendors regarding items such as pricing discrepancies, sales and use tax questions, and opportunities for early pay discounts
- Ensure site is paying the correct sales and use taxes on invoices
- Communicate with Purchasing when identifying errors on PO’s
- Ensure vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursement reports are charged to the correct general ledger accounts
- Assist Finance department in month-end closing process and year-end schedules
- Handle vendor inquiries regarding payment information, short pays,
- Ensures production efficiencies are reconciled daily
Backup for Sr. Accountant during absences
Serve as active member of ISO internal audit team
Participate in lean six sigma programs to promote a culture of continuous improvement and waste reduction
- Degree in Accounting, business field, engineering or computer science
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- SAP and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, Access)
- Experience in Lean, Lean Six Sigma, Agile methodology and project management preferred
- Experience in RPA (Robotic Process Automation) or C, C++, Python, Java, and SQL preferred
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with both internal and external customers
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, ability to work under minimal supervision