As part of the Performance Formulations business, the Paints & Coatings team is looking for an Account Manager for the West Coast Region of the US who will be responsible for growing the paints business while also being responsible for Key Paints accounts.
The Account Manager will report to the Regional Sales Manager, Americas, for the Paint and Coatings segment. In this role, you are expected to travel extensively to visit customers to understand their needs, work out solutions using Nouryon’s products, carry out projects for them, and propose new products in our portfolio based on customers’ needs. You will work closely with the Marketing and Technology teams and your counterparts in other areas.
- The position is responsible for ensuring that our customers, our distributors, and their sales representatives are fully informed regarding our products and applications and that our customers have access to adequate information and samples necessary to evaluate these products for their formulations.
- Assist our customers with their technical needs, new development projects, and formulation requirements. Furthermore, to promote our products to meet our customers and our distributor’s customers’ needs.
- Assist our Distributors in their sales efforts concerning the product lines they represent by conducting joint sales calls, helping with contract negotiations, and supporting the entire sales process from sample to order, where required.
- Continuously update and improve our market knowledge regarding market share, technology shifts, and any new product offerings, as well as any changing or developing technical needs within our existing or potential customer base.
- Review, manage, and improve pricing levels within guidelines set out by commercial management. Apply tier service level charges where applicable.
- Negotiate contract agreements.
- Continuously seek out and develop new relationships within The P&C market
- Establish an annual sales plan for the assigned business scope within the overall strategy set out by commercial management.
- Maintain regular forecasts of customer needs in the sales forecast system
- Document customer calls and conversations within an in-house CRM system
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Business
- 5+ years of sales experience or technical service to customers in a business-to-business environment in the Paints and Coatings or CASE applications
- Previous knowledge of and expertise in Paint Formulations is a strong plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Additional languages are an asset.
- Travel is required up to 50%, mainly in the Western USA.
- Excellent commercial skills to establish strong relationships within targeted customer organizations.
- Ability to work in MS Office, CRM, and Forecasting Systems