At Nouryon, our global team of Changemakers takes positive action every day, to reach higher collectively and individually. We create innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers to answer society’s needs – today and in the future.
We are looking for team members who bring ideas forward, champion others and work together to do better. Does that sound like you?
About the job
The Green Bay Site produces both Expancel, and Silica specialty chemical products. The Production Engineer will work as a technical resource for operations to optimize plant operations while enabling safe and efficient production of quality products.
In your future role as Production Engineer you will:
- Support all aspects of the assigned production unit(s).
- Provide oversight and direction for unit performance (as measured by the OEE and material yields).
- Support assigned production units regarding rates and quality.
- Identify and lead quality and yield improvement projects.
- Seek to identify and lead process improvements using Continuous Improvement tools.
- Provide technical services and operating support for plant special needs, for example: unit start up and shutdown, project commissioning, process and/or product troubleshooting.
- Provide support for the development and improvement of unit specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and all other technical documents requiring engineering input.
- Work with Technology group to learn and understand Expancel or Silica chemistry and process.
- Identify and lead engineering Management of Change (MOC’s) within the assigned production unit.
- Potential to mentor or manage interns, coops, or rotational engineers.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by manager.
- Be aware of potential health, safety, security, and environmental impacts and the actions required should an issue occur.
- Work according to Green Bay site and Nouryon standards.
- Handle all hazardous materials and waste in accordance with all company, state, federal, and local laws and regulations.
We believe you bring
- B.S degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years production experience in chemical facility
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a team environment
- Familiar with Continuous Improvement principles and techniques (Lean Six Sigma)
- Process and Product troubleshooting experience
- Understand and assist with upkeep of process safety information as required
- Must be able to wear respirator if needed, steel toed shoes, hard hat, and safety glasses to go into plant environment
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Participate and adhere to all applicable government regulations regarding process safety, environmental, quality, and HSE
- Familiarity with production computer systems and ability to learn Nouryon specific systems (DeltaV, SAP, MES, etc)
- Adhere to corporate and site safety policies and procedures
Good to know
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Production Manager at the Green Bay, WI site.
Please apply via our online recruitment system. We will not accept applications via e-mail. Once it's with us we will review to see if we have a match between your skills and the role! For more information about our hiring process, visit: nouryon.com/careers/how-we-hire/
We look forward to receiving your application!
We kindly ask our internal candidates to apply with your Nouryon email via Success Factors.
We’re looking for tomorrow’s Changemakers, today.
If you’re looking for your next career move, apply today and join Nouryon’s worldwide team of Changemakers in providing essential solutions that our customers use to manufacture everyday products such as personal care, cleaning, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Our employees are driven by the wish to make an impact and actively drive positive change. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
Visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or staffing companies.