Senior Legal Counsel
The Senior Legal Counsel, located in Radnor, PA, will serve a critical role in supporting the Company’s North American business lines, as well as, assisting with various other legal issues. The Senior Counsel will manage sophisticated commercial legal matters while interacting with senior business leadership and managers around the company. This role will report to the General Counsel, Performance Formulations and Americas, for Nouryon.
At Nouryon, our global team of Changemakers takes positive action every day, to reach higher collectively and individually. We create innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers to answer society’s needs – today and in the future.
In your future role as Senior Legal Counsel - Corporate you will
- Provide legal support to the heads of a number of integral businesses located around the world to include the General Counsel and members of the C-Suite.
- Utilize legal knowledge to support international matters from time to time.
- Provide legal services to the Company’s businesses in North America, including the drafting and hands-on negotiation of a variety of commercial and other agreements and corporate documents.
- Support matters dealing with employment law and the business in North America.
- Provide legal support for other legal matters as they arise.
- Act with a high level of independence, while safeguarding the Company’s strategic objectives from a legal perspective.
We believe you bring
- Strong academic credentials, including a J.D. or equivalent degree from a well-respected U.S. law school.
- License to practice in at least one state.
- 7+ years relevant working experience, with strong training at a national or international law firm. Prior in-house experience strongly preferred.
- Broad exposure to multiple types of legal matters and areas of expertise.
- Extensive experience in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements and other legal documents (including sales and purchase contracts and distribution agreements).
- Solid dispute resolution experience and solid command of antitrust principles.
We believe you are...
- Team Player - ability to work well and build relationships across all levels of the organization and be highly effective and able to maximize the efficiency of the legal department; have the desire to work on numerous and varied matters arising in an in-house legal department.
- Results Oriented - action-oriented problem solver; commercially savvy and committed to getting into the details of a matter and managing it independently through to conclusion.
- Intellectually Curious – Driven to learn, with a “can do” attitude and a strong desire to continue to grow and professionally develop in numerous different legal areas. Focused on improving the Company’s service, products, and processes, with ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Business Focus - business-orientation with the ability to drive innovative solutions and strategies, and to appropriately balance risk with the need for the business to act.
- Communicator – excellent communication and presentation skills, capability to scale support across a large organization and multiple jurisdictions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and travel domestically and internationally, as required.
- Outstanding legal reasoning and analysis and strategic thinking ability. Analytical and creative, with proven good judgment. Strong negotiation skills.
- High energy with the highest levels of personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to travel up to 15% with overnight stays.
We’re looking for tomorrow’s Changemakers, today.
If you’re looking for your next career move, apply today and join Nouryon’s worldwide team of Changemakers in providing essential solutions that our customers use to manufacture everyday products such as personal care, cleaning, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Our employees are driven by the wish to make an impact and actively drive positive change. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
Visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or staffing companies.