Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Credit Analyst in Houston, TX.
As a member of the Nouryon Credit Control Organization, helping to add value by providing credit control services to BU’s and SBU’s within Nouryon business are by:
- Taking independent decisions, in line with authorization level (set credit limits< € 250 K), in the areas of setting credit limits and releasing orders.
- Following up on the daily credit control operations.
- Executing various cash collection activities.
- Providing various credit reporting, both to internal as external customers.
- Communicating with internal and external customers as advised by Business Units.
- Acting as back up for daily operations when the other Credit and Collection Analyst and Regional Credit Control Manager are not available.
- Coaching of Credit and Collection Analysts/Trainees.
- Assisting Regional Credit Control Manager to evaluate customers applied by credit analyst based on related credit framework.
- Act as a focal point for Credit Control team calls & provide financial information on customers.
- Assisting Regional Credit Control Manager to evaluate customers applied by credit analyst based on related credit control framework and making decisions by authorized level.
- Assist the Regional Credit Control Manager with the follow up of credit insurance issues and provide strong and timely support.
- Assist the Regional Credit Control Manager with the follow up on customer legal collection issues.
- Act as back up to the other Credit and Collection Analysts and Regional Credit Control Manager on daily operational activities.
- Assist the Regional Credit Control Manager on developing policies and procedures to improve operational efficiency.
- Create, change, and maintain customer data in FSCM on a daily basis.
- Take independent decisions in line with authorization level in the areas of setting credit limits (< € 250 k) and releasing orders.
- Daily review and release blocked sales orders, if necessary after obtaining BU approval, and advise BU’s of outcome.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to ensure timely collection of invoice payments.
- Review overdues and initiate effective solutions together with internal customers.
- Ensure timely and correct routing of customer information/requests which require further investigation to the appropriate internal business partners.
- Provide reports to Business Management on customer portfolio.
- Document collection issues, actions taken and customer feedback and upload updates into FSCM.
- Prepare AR statements & dunning letters.
- Ad-hoc credit control activities.
- Good communication and people skills!!
- Bachelor/University graduate or equivalent work experience preferred.
- At least 1-4 years Finance and Customer Service experience, preferably with multinational companies.
- 1-2 years commercial credit function experience preferred.
- An enthusiastic and motivated team player also able to work independently
- Solutions oriented self-starter with professional and proactive service attitude.
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to follow through and with attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills, able to set priorities using time effectively to accomplish tasks.
- Professional and proactive service attitude, flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and SAP a plus.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to business principles.
- Willingness to travel if applicable.