- Analyze regional supplier landscape and establish and maintain close, collaborative relationships with those suppliers in order to uncover and realize new value and reduce risk of failure.
- Monitor the external market to explore new business models and innovation, identify potential new suppliers, assess best country sourcing alternatives and industry best practices and consequently build up deep expertise around the products and services within scope.
- Support Global Category Leader in development and implementation of sourcing strategies for the assigned categories (product and services) designed to support the identified business needs in line with the Global Procurement strategy.
- Responsible to source products for one or several PR Procurement categories within the region and optimize commercial terms and total cost of ownership.
- Actively engage with key stakeholders from different Business Lines to gather business requirements and specifications within the region and incorporate into sourcing strategies, supplier selections and decisions.
- Continuously seek out ways of taking out cost (based on TCO approach) to meet individual and team targets as well as working with stakeholders to lower and optimize spending on PR. In addition, the position holder is expected to balance cost with quality improvements and supply reliability to the sites by consolidating and raising the performance of the supplier base.
- Working closely with stakeholders will be a key to align technical and commercial requirements and secure total cost of ownership solutions and secure long-term partnership with key suppliers.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence and inspire; Ability to prioritize efficiently and make sound decisions
- Experience in change management and of working in a multinational environment
- Comprehensive experience in category management; Strong negotiating skills and business acumen
- Highly effective with stakeholder management and capability to build strong relationship internally and externally
- Extensive negotiation experience and ability to influence people and selling concepts and ideas
- Comprehensive experience of working with international sourcing across regions in high complexity environment
- Good presentation skills and ability to analyze data and technical requirements from different angles
- Analytical mind set and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
Education / Experience
- Bachelor or master's degree in a business-related area or industry, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years' experience in strategic and operational procurement, of which 5+ is with direct materials.
- Fluent in English. Additional languages are an asset.